Seán O’Dowd, CFA is a Managing Director and Head of the Family Business Advisory group. Prior to joining Silvercrest, Mr. O’Dowd spent 13 years at Bessemer Trust, where he helped create Bessemer Trust’s Family Company Advisory group, which provided corporate finance advisory services to clients. These services included advising on liquidity events, independent valuation analysis, restructurings and business success planning.
He has also worked in investment banking within Lehman Brothers’ Power Group and corporate finance and valuation work at Ernst & Young and KPMG. Mr. O’Dowd holds Bachelors of Commerce from the University of British Columbia and an MBA from the Yale School of Management. He is also a CFA Charterholder and a member of the New York Society of Security Analysts. Mr. O’Dowd is a member of the board of directors for the Irish American Writers & Artists Association, where he serves as Treasurer.
Content by this contributor
- Investment Outlook Summary
- Investment Goals Attained
- Artificial Intelligence – Answering a Few Key Questions
- Does More Data Mean More Answers?
- 100 Years Ago & Now
- Economic Review & Investment Strategy: 2020/IV
- A Different Perspective on Impact Investing
- Economic Review & Investment Strategy: 2020/III
- Striking a Balance Between Risk and Mission
- The Important of Independent Directors & Good Corporate Governance for Family Businesses
- The Most Important Metric
- U.S. Economic & Market Review – September 2020