Jeff Kuchar is the Client Leader for the New York Metro region at CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA). He is part of the firm’s outsourcing group providing professional services to clients throughout the US. He has nearly 40 years of global financial leadership experience with consumer products companies and is a recognized leader in the internal audit profession.
Jeff has developed numerous tools to enhance the effectiveness of risk management processes and audit committees’ corporate governance activities in several multi-national companies. His work on audit committees has been recognized by The SEC’s Blue Ribbon Committee on Improving the Effectiveness of Corporate Audit Committees. He has become an industry leader in developing innovative internal audit strategies that meet the needs of businesses for efficient and effective corporate governance and internal control processes.
Jeff served as the Chief Audit Executive for Verizon Wireless where he led the company’s internal audit function with over $43B in revenue. He developed and implemented Verizon Wireless’ audit strategy, ASAP, a risk-based audit methodology aligned with the COSO model. He also executed an effective and efficient business risk management process and was instrumental in implementing a forensic program and a business efficiency advisory review program within the company’s internal audit function.
He has spent many years serving as a leader of serval global internal audit functions. Some reputable companies are Coty, Inc., RJR Nabisco, Coopers & Lyband (PwC). Most recently, Jeff served as a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors quality assessment review team evaluating internal audit functions to ensure compliance with internal audit industry (IIA) standards.
Content by this contributor
- How to Effectively Collaborate Within a Hybrid Work Model
- Lease Accounting – Changes Are Coming Quickly!
- CLA Named the Top Audit Firm for Credit Unions for the Eighth Year in a Row
- Board Member Fiduciary Duties
- Know Your Options for Ownership Succession
- VERY Important Considerations When Claiming the 2021 Q2 Employee Retention Credit
- 10 Ways to Help Protect Your Computer Network from Viruses and Attacks
- ACA Penalties on the Rise: IRS Issuing Notices for Various Tax Years
- American Families Plan Farm Example
- President Biden’s Proposal Would Hit Real Estate and Private Equity Pretty Hard
- Does Your Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Plan Protect You in the Current Pandemic Environment?
- The Mobile Workforce is Here to Stay – What You Need to Know
- Brexit Finally Happened – What Next?
- Cross-Border Tax Issues for Inbound Companies
- Basic Transfer Pricing Considerations for Inbound Companies
- State Tax Considerations for Global Companies
- CARES Act Impact on Tax Relief and Planning for Global Companies
- PPP Eligibility for Foreign-Owned U.S. Subsidiaries
- Stimulus Helps Stocks and Bonds Recover Rapidly in Q2
- High-Tax Exception to Global Intangible Low-Taxed Income
- What the Election May Mean for U.S. Businesses Operating Globally